Explorer Cabins FAQs & Travel Tips
Frequently Asked Questions and Travel Tips
We are looking forward to hosting you as our guest at the Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone. Thank you for making us one stop along your epic journey to Yellowstone National Park. Below are a few FAQ's to help prepare you for your journey. See you soon!
- Your family will receive a Complimentary S'mores kit to make that tasty summer treat in the evenings on the outside gas fire pits.
- Each Cabin contains Explorer Amenities that you can take with you in the Park:
- Walking sticks, binoculars, and a flashlight
- Books for reading, a journal to share thoughts with other Explorers, and a card game
- YellowstoneJack to take with you in the Park to Instagram upload your adventures
- You will be given a Wooden Nickel upon arrival for a one-time, 10% off in-park shopping discount at our Yellowstone General Stores.
- A Branch Restaurant and Bar discount coupon will be given to you at check-in. The discount or promotion will change seasonally so what you are offered will be a wonderful surprise. Take a look at our Branch Restaurant and Bar menus. The restaurant is just 3 blocks away.
- We are pleased to provide you with an Official Cabin Greeting and Orientation after check-in so you feel welcome and comfortable.
About The Cabins
- Kitchenette: The kitchenette is great for 'one-skillet' or 'one-pot' meals. It includes a sink, 2-burner glass stovetop (no oven), coffee maker, mini-fridge (no freezer), microwave, toaster, dishes, cutlery and glassware.
- Bathroom: Each Cabin contains a private bathroom with oversized walk-in shower, bath robes, hair dryer, and signature shampoo, conditioner and body wash.
- Living Room: The Old Faithful and Yellowstone Cabin living rooms have a gas fireplace, ceiling fan, sleep sofa, large flat-screen TV, large coffee table and a leather chair. The Montana Cabins are a studio-style set-up which does not contain a living room area with a fireplace or sofa sleeper. It does have a flat screen TV, two leather chairs and TV trays for dining.
- Outdoors: Relax on your front porch seating area after a long day of adventuring, or gather around our outdoor gas fire pit in each Camp (S'mores cooking only).
- Media & Technology: Our Cabins contain modern amenities, including a flat-screen cable TV, telephone, and alarm clock/MP3 player.
- Internet: FREE WiFi service is available in all Cabins.
- Parking: FREE public parking is available on-site.
- General: Heating, air conditioning, and daily housekeeping are provided in all Cabins. Ice is available upon request.
- Activities: Enjoy hiking, sightseeing, and wildlife viewing in Yellowstone National Park and the surrounding Gallatin Forest.
- Check In/Out: Your accommodations are normally available after 4 p.m. Check out time is 11 a.m.
Services: Our 24-hour Front Desk is located at Yellowstone Park Hotel from mid-April to mid-October, and at Gray Wolf Inn and Suites from late October to mid-April. A total of 6 pet-friendly Explorer Cabins are available.
A Convenience Store is located inside the adjacent Yellowstone Park Hotel, selling beer, wine and basic food items.
Do you know where you are staying? Here is a map to our location. Our local number is 406-646-7075.