Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone: Directions
Area Fire & Air Quality Update
Updated 8/24/16: The South entrance of Yellowstone National Park is temporarily closed due to a fire in Grand Teton National Park. There is no direct impact to West Yellowstone, but air quality is fluctuating from moderate to unhealthy for sensitive groups due to another area fire. All roads through Yellowstone - including the West entrance - and all area business remain open.
Visit the National Park Service website for more information. This announcement will be updated as conditions change.
Explorer Cabins: Directions
Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone is located in the heart of rural West Yellowstone, less than one mile from the west entrance to Yellowstone National Park. See the map and links below to find your way to our West Yellowstone Cabins.
View Larger Map
GPS: 44.656786, -111.102975
Download a Printable Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone Property Map (PDF - requires Adobe® Reader®)
Parking and Check-In
Parking is located close to your cabin. Porterage is available to assist with your luggage.
The 24-hour Front Desk for the Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone changes seasonally:
- From now through October 23, check-in is located inside the Yellowstone Park Hotel located at 201 Grizzly Avenue.
- Beginning October 24, check-in is located inside the Gray Wolf Inn and Suites located at 250 South Canyon Street.
- Your accommodations are normally available after 4 p.m. Check out time is 11 a.m.
The year-round, local telephone number for the Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone is 406-646-0255.
Did you know? The National Park Service is turning 100 in 2016, and to celebrate are offering 16 fee-free entrance days to all National Parks! Mark your calendar for these entrance fee-free dates in 2016:
- January 18: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- April 16-24: National Park Week
- August 25-28: National Park Service Birthday
- September 24: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day