Schedule of Events for Tuesday, November 26th
The following is a list of events taking place locally at the Holiday Inn West Yellowstone on Tuesday, November 26th, 2013. View the full schedule of events for more information.
- 8:30AM "Tune Up" clinics begin - register and meet at Holiday Inn
- 9:00AM-11:00AM Adaptive Nordic Biathlon Clinic
- Adaptive Nordic Skiers - come learn to shoot with U.S. Paralympic Biathlon Coaching staff with precision air rifles for standing and sitting classes, or via Audio electronic rifle for those visually impaired skiers. Learn to shoot, then challenge yourself to shoot with a heart rate to simulate Biathlon competition. Meet at the Holiday Inn West Yellowstone. Pre-registration is required.
*This clinic is required to participate in the Wednesday Biathlon race*
- 10:30AM-12:00PM "Try It" Biathlon Demo - pick up equipment at Holiday Inn in vendor area (Hayden Hall)
*This clinic is required to participate in the Wednesday Novice Biathlon race*
- 10:30AM Yoga at the Holiday Inn West Yellowstone ($10 to participate, no reservations required)
- 12:00PM Pilates at the Holiday Inn West Yellowstone ($10 to participate, no reservations required)
- 1:00PM-3:00PM Adaptive Cross Country Ski Clinic
- Adaptive Nordic skiers are encouraged to join U.S. Paralympic Nordic Coaching staff for cross country skiing instruction during the West Yellowstone Ski Festival in all three classes: sitting, standing, and visually impaired. Learn classic and freestyle skiing techniques, along with downhill and turning techniques. Some sit-ski equipment can be made available with advance notice. Meet at the Holiday Inn West Yellowstone. Pre-registration is required.
- 6:00PM Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Awareness presentation at the Holiday Inn
- 6:30PM-8:30PM Winter Wildlands Film Festival at the Holiday Inn
- Check out this great collection of backcountry skiing movies! This event is a fundraiser for the West Yellowstone Ski Education Foundation (WYSEF). $5 gets you in the door, and 10% of all bar sales during this event will be donated to WYSEF
- 7:00PM-8:00PM Waxing Made Simple
- Learn the basics of waxing Nordic skis; from "when to use what color" and "what the heck is klister" to "why do I need it?"
- 7:00PM-9:00PM Indoor Expo open at the Holiday Inn West Yellowstone
- 7:00PM-8:00PM Ski*Go Wax Clinic
- 8:00PM History of Skiing in the Yellowstone Area at the Holiday Inn. Presentation by the Yellowstone Historic Center.
- 8:00PM-9:00PM Solda Wax Clinic